Friday, April 17, 2009

Episcopal Minister Lives Double Life as Muslim/Christian

Ann Holmes Redding has been removed from her position as an Episcopal minister because she converted to Islam a couple years ago.

But Redding said she felt her new Muslim faith did not pose a contradiction to her staying a Christian and minister. "Both religions say there's only one God," Redding said, "and that God is the same God. It's very clear we are talking about the same God! So I haven't shifted my allegiance."

"The church interprets my being a Muslim as 'abandoning the church,' " she said. "And that [there] comes an understanding that you have to be one or the other, and most people would say that. It simply hasn't been my experience that I have to make a choice between the two."

"It's all there. I am not saying you have to go somewhere else to be complete. Some people don't need glasses, some people need single lenses. I need bifocals."

0 comments:

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro