Thursday, May 8, 2008

My Mom: a mother's day post


I'd say that my mom is a role model for me, but that wouldn't be terribly accurate. I find that I don't need to "model" myself after my mother at all, we're too much alike for me to even bother.


What aspects of my personality come from my mother, you may ask?


  • Quiet introspection.

  • Flippancy. No stress. Everything rolls off our backs like water on a duck.

  • A mellow, content attitude for just about everything.

  • A willingness to talk openly about just about anything (even sex - that one really bugs my wife.)

  • Slow, cautious, defensive driving.

  • Frugality.

  • The ability to utilize/eat 100% of the leftovers in the refrigerator (or freezer).

  • A healthy appreciation for The Andy Griffith Show, Yentl, and a slew of "black and white" television shows and movies.

  • The "shock" of gray hair that's presently coming in at the front of my head (my mom had one in the same spot.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, "Revolution", I'm Ryan's Mom (Aimless). Thank you for being so supportive of Ryan. He ticks off a lot of people in his blog but you're always there supporting him. I thought putting a comment on your Mother's Day entry would be appropriate. You and your Mom are a lot alike. Ryan and I are not at all alike, except our physical appearance. Looks like you are "a bit" taller than your Mom! Thank you for being Ryan's friend. I pray that some day his travels will help him find what makes him happy. Thanks again.--Claudia

vwlaura said...

I was MIA for a while and just popped in to say hi. What a sweet post man! My dad and I watch Andy Griffith too. Gotta love Nick at Night!

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro