Thursday, July 24, 2008

Politics

Have I said anything about politics yet? I don't think I have. It's weird because I read Newsweek every Tuesday and it is filled with politics. Yet none of it really sinks in for me.

In the past, I've always been a one-issue voter: abortion. This year may be different. I am beginning to give up hope that my vote will actually make a difference on this issue. As much as the abortion statistics make me somewhat nauseous, I may just table the issue this fall and see where I am led.

First off, I am not going to vote for McCain. He is too old and I am unashamedly biased against old people making decisions for me. I don't know about Obama. I like him. But then again, I like George W. and Bill Clinton too. I think that they were both equally entertaining. If I had to guess, I'd say that it is unlikely that I'll vote for Obama. Unless Hillary is his Veep, and I'll be forced to vote for him by my wife.

Maybe I'll vote libertarian. Or maybe I'll write in Jesus or Scooby Doo.

Most of you probably care more about politics than someone as apathetic as myself. Here is your chance to influence my vote. Give me your two cents. If you don't, I'll assume that you are as apathetic as I am.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since your issue is abortion, please consider that the next president will very likely appoint several new justices to the Supreme Court. Please don't give up hope that your vote will make a difference on this issue!

revolution said...

I'd say "several" might be a slight exageration, unless there is some predicted mass exodus I am unaware of.

And it still doesn't change my opinion of McCain.

Anonymous said...

Rather than posting what others say about Obama, here is a speech he gave:

http://obama.senate.gov/speech/060628-call_to_renewal/

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro