Sunday, November 2, 2008

Staying awake during a boring sermon.....

Recently, I've had to go to a few training seminars at my company. For the most part, they have been un-useful and pretty boring. So much so that I find myself zoning out where my vision starts to blur as I fight to stay focused and awake. You've been there right? You know what I'm talking about?

It's funny, because it reminded me of listening to sermons as a kid. As a kid, every sermon was mind-numbingly boring. My mom would usually let us draw on the church bulletin so that we could keep our sanity.

Since I became a Christ-follower in 1999, the large majority of sermons have held my attention. I'm sure that there have been a few times that I've zoned out during a sermon, but for the most part, I've become immune to the disease that I had as an adolescent. Either that, or I'm just listening to better sermons these days.

I just thought it was funny that - as I zoned out during our last training session - I was reminded of church.

How sad that the church worship experience would be synonymous with fighting to stay awake.

0 comments:

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro