Friday, June 6, 2008

Watching UFC with my wife


Why is my wife a keeper? How about spending a Saturday night watching 3 hours of Ultimate Fighting. I'm not a huge fan of UFC because I am just not that kind of alpha male. But I do occasionally enjoy watching mixed martial arts. Here's the caveat: I don't enjoy doing much of anything without my wife. Yea, yea, yea. Insert whatever derogatory statement you'd like to at this point. The fact is, there is very little that I do without my wife.

So it is with that little bit of added satisfaction that I can sit and watch a 2 hour special about Chuck "The Iceman" Liddell with my wife. She and I are on the same page when it comes to mixed martial arts. We don't want to see grappling, wrestling, or any other type of homoerotic behavior taking place on the mat. We want to see punching, kicking, and as much blood as possible.

Yes, we paid a slight bit of attention to the debut of CBS' prime time Extreme XC and Kimbo Slice. But let's face it, who wants to watch Kimbo "Back Yard Fighter" Slice when Spike is smart enough to run a two hour special on Chuck Liddell. Good luck, CBS. Spike and UFC get our vote. Not to mention that we've been watching UFC since back in the 90's when it was Shamrock vs. Gracie. (Remember Tank Abbott?)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Forget the fighting, Lew--I'm just delighted to hear someone use the word 'caveat!' You make my day!

Cruz said...

you're a lucky man!

Did you know Kimbo Slice took down Tank Abbott? Although Slice took down an older more out of shape Abbott.

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro