Friday, June 12, 2009

Trials and Tribulations might be a good thing......


My wife and I met exactly 16 years ago. We've practically grown up together. We've gone through a couple life stages together. We've grown closer and closer over the years together. Our relationship is now stronger and better than ever.

Interestingly, it seems that when circumstances are the roughest - that's when our relationship thrives and flourishes.

I get annoyed by those husbands who constantly refer to their "hot" wives - always commenting on how "lucky" they are to be with such a multi-faceted women who is so obviously "out of their league". Sometimes I wonder who they are trying to convince - the world, or themselves.

Of course, this is exactly how I feel about my wife, but I don't feel the need to broadcast it to the world on a regular basis - to the point of annoyance of others. I just broadcast it to her personally on a daily basis because she never gets tired of it.

There's no real purpose to this post. I'm just feeling lucky, or rather, blessed. Hopefully our relationship is strong enough and God will see fit to make the next 16 years a little easier on us.

Either way, I am thankful.

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro