Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Sun-Sentinel Story and Response

It was fun to have the South Florida Sun-Sentinel write a half-page story about my church field trip reviews in this past Sunday's edition. Part 1 of the Story/ Part 2 of the Story. It will give me something to clip out and send to my grandmother in Michigan.

It has been interesting to see the difference between those churches that instantly knew that they had been written about on the internet (tech-savvy churches) and those churches that didn't have a clue until my reviews showed up in the Sunday paper (the old-fashioned way).

More importantly, the article evoked a response from a friend of mine that I would like to share with you. I have been friends with Victor for about a year or so, and he runs a site called My Living Mind. Here is what he had to say this week:

Lew has created an interesting blog topic by reviewing churches.
The interesting part is that he is not your typical southern christian with a
conservative attitude. He's a metal head, a beer connoisseur, and is
one of the most open and honest people I know. I actually had no interest in
religion in the past few years but have recently in the last few months
considered a new outlook on religion because of Lew's blog.


If I die anytime soon, you can go ahead and put this quote on my tombstone. It means that much to me. Some of you may scoff at my endearment for this quote, but a small few of you may actually understand.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lew! I too just learned about you from this past Sunday's paper. Love your site, your attitude and your perspective on things. Hopefully one day we'll meet in person.

Liz Rios

revolution said...

Liz,

Are you the pastor at Wounded Healer Fellowship?

Anonymous said...

Hi Lew
Actually name changed to Grace Fellowship Church... our site is www.gracefellowshipbroward.com and yes I'm a pastor there.

Unknown said...

That is a great comment from Victor. You should be encouraged. Sorry mine wasn't as good...love you bro!

Anonymous said...

i read this passage during my studies this morning. it made me think of this post.

Isaiah 65:1 (NLT)

The LORD says, "People who never before inquired about me are now asking about me. I am being found by people who were not looking for me. To them I have said, ‘I am here!’

Anonymous said...

Dude, I really enjoyed reading that article. Props on the coverage!

ShaneBertou

nothing said...

It's funny,I read your blog all the time and some how I missed this one until now. Go figure... Thanks a-lot for the shout out of my site. And I meant what I said so keep it coming....

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro