Monday, March 17, 2008

Michigan Pizza

We've been living in South Florida for 7 years now. One thing I've missed: Michigan pizza. You see, South Florida is the 6th burrough of New York City. Down here, all the pizza is New York style pizza. That means that the crust is too thin and the sauce is too sweet. Even the cheese isn't quite right most of the time.
What makes Michigan pizza different? No, its not the water. (I roll my eyes every time I hear a New Yorker say that its "in the water.") The sauce is bolder, not necessarily spicy, just bold. Also, the crust is thicker; the slice doesn't "flop" or require folding. I'm not sure what makes the cheese different, or if its just that they use more of it.
But I digress. We've discovered Michigan pizza in South Florida. Jet's is a Michigan pizza chain with locations throughout Florida - I don't know why. The bad news is that Jet's is exactly 14 miles from our house. Now we're going to see how determined I am to get good pizza.

2 comments:

Ozone said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen said...

That is too funny. My husband and I say the same thing about the pizza in Connecticut. I miss Buddy's Pizza. I'd even settle for a $5 pizza from Little Ceasers.

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro