Sunday, March 9, 2008

Pandora - The Music Genome Project


I am hooked on Pandora. Its kind of hard to explain. Pandora is kind of like an online radio station based on the research done by the Music Genome Project. First, you are prompted to name a favorite artist or song, and then Pandora builds a streaming radio station based on your preferences. You can add multiple songs and artists to each station and Pandora will extrapolate the necessary data in order to custom build each station.

If that sounds confusing, it's my fault. Just go to Pandora and check it out. It is free, and definitely worthwhile if you are a music lover like myself.

I've got a handful of stations built (Jack Johnson, stoner rock, grunge, bluegrass, romantic piano, Frank Sinatra), but I have a couple of Blues stations that have become worth their weight in gold as far as I'm concerned. They're loaded with Stevie Ray Vaughn, Hendrix, Clapton, Elmor James, John Lee Hooker, and many more. I really wish that I had discovered Pandora sooner.

0 comments:

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro