Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Welcome To Jamrock



Apparently, I must be part Jamaican, because I can't seem to shake the reggae music. Though I did manage to shake the ganja.
Unfortunately, I've been hiding under a rock for the past two years, because I somehow missed Damian "Jr. Gong" Marley and his album, Welcome to Jamrock. I was in a club last week, and the title track caught my ear. I haven't been able to remove it from my head since.
I'm a big fan of reggae, but have never been a fan of dance hall, its faster paced cousin. I really dig Jr. Gong because he manages to update reggae into the modern era without feeling the need to speed it up.

1 Comment:

Darkness said...

Congratulations on finding your roots.

Now I can tease you about your Jamaican roots since you like to give me a hard time about my black roots.

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro