Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Man vs. Wild

When I was in Michigan this summer, my friends were arguing over who they liked better - Bear Grylls - Man vs. Wild or Lee Stroud - Survivorman. Hearing this conversation, I admitted that I had not seen either show, but had only seen the promos for each. Upon return to South Florida, I quickly sought out each show on the Discovery Channel. I've tried to watch Survivorman and I just can't bear it. I don't like the awkward camera angles and I'm actually kind of bored with Stroud. He just doesn't capture my attention.


Not so with Bear. In less than a month - a weekend marathon of episodes didn't hurt - I grew to love Man vs. Wild. I got a chance to watch about half of the existing episodes when they suddenly disappeared from the t.v. schedule. Then I heard about the news tidbits that fans in the U.K. were upset and disappointed that some of the portions of Man vs. Wild were allegedly staged, or assistance was given off-camera. I'm sorry, but I've seen Bear do some crazy, disgusting stuff with my own eyes and I'm quite satisfied with what I've seen. I could care less if he is staying in 4 star hotels when that camera gets turned off. (I've emailed the Discovery Channel those sentiments exactly.) At this point, there are only three shows on television that I truly enjoy - Lost, won't be back until January 2008; Entourage, I lost my free HBO and I'm now forced to download this show; and Man vs. Wild, so don't give me crap about how this show isn't "real enough." It's real enough for me. It's entertaining and I like Bear, so I want my show back!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I just lost my appetite.

Thanks for that image.

Anonymous said...

Agreed!!

Jason Nota said...

Our household loves both shows. We first was introduced to Man vs Wild then later on to Survival Man. What I like about Survival Man is he is truly on his own and does his own filming. I think that makes it a bit more realistic.

Anonymous said...

I'm from Mexico, and I also liked seen the Man vs. Wild, if Bear takes the night at a hotel...well after eating the stuff he eats...who wouln't??...the only reason I don't see it anymore is cuase someone got the idea of putting it in spanish and english at the same time and it dosen't sound well and i've lost track of show schedule, but hell of a show!!!!...sorry for the writting...

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro