Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Giving Blood.....and Receiving It


I've given blood a handful of times in my lifetime - perhaps a few dozen. But I am by no means religious about giving blood every eight weeks - that would be my mother. My wife is unable to give blood because she has a disease which makes her an ineligible donor.

All the same, I would like to thank everyone who gives blood. The look on the doctor's face after my wife's surgery was positive about the outcome and yet equally grim concerning her blood loss. Immediately after her blood transfusion, my wife looked noticeably improved in appearance and mood. Her lips and face actually had color again.

After this experience, I'll try to be more proactive about giving blood - like my mom.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad to know that laura is getting better!!

cblair said...

that's great news about laura. praying for her.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear she is doing better. I will definitely keep praying for her to get better. Love ya guys, Dawn

revolution said...

APPARENTLY I WASN'T COMPLETELY CLEAR. LAURA IS FINE NOW. THE BABY IS FINE AND LAURA IS ON BED REST INDEFINITELY.

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro