Thursday, August 21, 2008

Why I love James Bond

Spike Channel (the channel for men) shows a James Bond movie every morning at 9 am. Now, most mornings I am at work during this time. But occasionally, I get to sleep in and catch a 007 movie. And, of course, there are those occasional "James Bond Marathons"that certain channels will run.



There are a variety of reasons for my love of James Bond movies:


  • they are long, often clocking in at more than 2 hours
  • the story lines run kind of like a play - with Act 1, Act 2, and Act 3
  • they are simultaneously sophisticated and primal
  • Roger Moore is my favorite
  • they rarely spare expense
  • they consistently abide by a proven formula

One of these days, I need to buy them on DVD. Actually, I think I only need to buy the Roger Moore and Pierce Brosnan movies.

0 comments:

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro