Thursday, February 28, 2008

All Saints Carnival

At our last community group, we didn't get a chance to talk about our intended topic, Evil: Where is it today? We've all had an eventful few weeks, so we talked, prayed, and then decided to shelve our topic until next time. We then went over to All Saints Catholic Church for their annual carnival. They have all of the usual carnival fare: rides, junk food, games, etc. But they also have a few extras: an international food tent with about 20 vendors, a couple beer trailers with 5 diferent beers on tap, a huge dining tent filled with tables and chairs and a DJ spinning tunes. Personally, I'd prefer a live blues band, but I'll take what I can get.


I love that I can go to a church sponsored festival and not get hit up to join the church. It feels like the church is throwing the party for the benefit of the community. I like that.

At our next gathering, Feb. 29 at 7 pm, we'll actually try to get to the topic: Evil - Where is it today?

0 comments:

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro