Saturday, August 18, 2007

Girl Talk - Night Ripper


A friend of mine, Victor over at My Living Mind, gave me a CD this week called Night Ripper by a DJ named Girl Talk. Apparently this guy, his real name is Greg Gillis, takes a bunch of different songs, and mashes them up into a new song. He uses at least a dozen songs for each one of the tracks. I don't know if what he is doing is legal, probably not (because the rich always get richer), but I loved it. This type of "music" was made for me. He deftly crossed the boundaries of both genre and time, covering the last three decades worth of hip-hop, dance, pop, rock, retro, grunge, etc. I popped it in for the first time and listened to it all the way through.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Track 5, Juicy by Biggie mashed up with Tiny Dancer. It's the hotness!

nothing said...

Thanks for the Shout Out! I appreciate it.

-Vic

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro