Sunday, August 26, 2007

Ted Haggard - Get a J-O-B!!!

It was recently reported that Ted Haggard, the former president of the National Association of Evangelicals and megachurch pastor who was found last year to have been taking meth and having sex with a male prostitute is now asking for financial support. He is asking for support so that he and his wife can go back to school and get degrees in counseling so they that they can continue to minister to others through counseling.


"It looks as though it will take two years for us to have adequate earning power again, so we are looking for people who will help us monthly for two years," Haggard said.

I have three words for this jerk-off who is responsible for giving pastors everywhere a bad name and setting us back, yet again, to the Swaggart-Baker era: GET A JOB!

At the end of "Office Space", Peter ends up with a job in construction because he is tired of the cubicle lifestyle - well, that is exactly what Haggard needs. He needs to surround himself with construction workers who are going to kick his butt for being such a wuss. GET A JOB!

5 comments:

Ryan M. Powell said...

I love Office Space. I think people who have seen it generally like it because it's funny, but I doubt that they understand why it's so brilliant.

Anonymous said...

Preach it, my brother!

Matthew said...

I do not know the guy, but is there not mercy for him too.

www.matthewsblog.waynesborochurchofchrist.org

Anonymous said...

matthew, do you seriously believe that receiving mercy should exempt Haggard or anyone else from working like every other person has to to pay their bills? Or now that we all have mercy should we sit on a corner and beg for others to meet our needs? Gag.
Ok, I'll stop now.

revolution said...

I didn't say word one when the "scandal" actually broke, I only spoke up when he had the audacity to ask his "supporters" for two years salary - that is reprehensible.

I'm not a hater. I'm a realist. This guy needs to open up the want-ads like anybody else.

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro