Thursday, August 23, 2007

The Gospel According to The Simpsons

Can't resist a book with the title, The Gospel According to The Simpsons. This book was a quick, easy read. It was light on theology and heavy on cultural observation. I like that. Why try to read more into a subject than there really is?

Any fan of The Simpsons will find this book a delight, as many scenes are recalled throughout the book; I found myself laughing out loud quite often as I remembered the scenes being discussed in the book.

Of course, the author's outlook on Flanders and the Rev. Lovejoy was probably my favorite portion, though his behind the scenes quotes from the actors who voice the characters as well as the show creators themselves were really priceless. It was an interesting look into the amount of thought that is put into the series.

0 comments:

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro