Friday, August 31, 2007

Ozzfest Recap

We went to Ozzfest 2007 and we had a great time. We spent the first couple hours hanging out in the parking lot with a bunch of metal heads playing hacky sack. It's been a long time since I've had the chance to play hacky sack and listen to metal with like-minded individuals. At 32, I think I was the elder of the bunch, so I regaled them with tales of concert experiences from the past 14 years.

During Static-X, the mosh pit was pretty weak, but our new friends from the parking lot did their best to keep it going. Budweiser was nice enough to buy me a water and a hot dog for my pledge of sobriety through their Designated Driver Program. Despite my extensive experience in concerts and mosh pits, this was a night of firsts for me. I don't think I've ever moshed to a band as heavy as Lamb of God before. This was my first time in a circle pit. And this was my first attempt at the dreaded wall of death.

I had an awesome time. If you're not into metal, mosh pits, sweat, and adrenaline, then there really isn't anything I could say that would make you understand.

I'll tell you what upsets me though, I didn't see Jesus there at Ozzfest.

When I go to a "christian festival", there are plenty of "ministries" reaching out to the crowd; there are plenty of "christian" t-shirts to go around. Christians trying to reach each other. But when I go to Ozzfest and Family Values, Jesus is nowhere to be found. Apparently no one wants to reach this sub-culture. Even in the parking lot. (Except our friends at xxxchurch.com of course.)

As you can see, it's hard to shoot a decent video in a pit. By the way, this was the weak pit. By the time the good pits were going, it was too dark to shoot video.

0 comments:

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro