Monday, August 6, 2007

Save Me From Myself

My wife and I have been fans of Korn for 13 years now, since 1994's first album blew our minds. We've enjoyed every album since, and my wife and I have seen them live at least a dozen times - first in 1994, and most recently last year. (I'm hoping to catch them again next week, as their live show has only improved with the years.)

As can be expected, I was intrigued when Brian "Head" Welch became a christian and left Korn to pursue a new life and purpose. I've been waiting patiently for his new album, "It's Time for Religion to Die", and I wasted no time getting my hands on his new book, "Save Me from Myself."

This book was an excellent read, and it only took me 3 hours to tear through it. Brian gives an excellent testimony of his conversion to Christianity, as well as a myriad of details concerning the genesis, history, and backstage debauchery of Korn. He also tells of his life since his conversion and the ways that God has used him to reach others for Jesus. I would recommend this book to anyone, whether a fan of Korn or not. It was fast-paced, entertaining, there was plenty that I could identify with, and it even left me in tears once or twice. (yes, I know that'll cost me a man-card.)

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

Lew you lost all your man cards years ago.

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro